Our Complete Yacht Boheme Hotel Review and Guide
If you’re looking to plan a trip to the beautiful Turkish town of Fethiye, then you’re going to want a perfect place to stay. The area is home to some amazing boutique hotels, and it can be quite difficult to choose the best, but don’t worry, as we’ve picked for you; The Yacht Boheme hotel.
After seeing the many raving reviews for this luxury 4-star hotel, we had to see for ourselves what the hype was about. We had very high expectations and were definitely not disappointed! We’ve created a complete guide to help you learn everything you need to know about the Yacht Boheme hotel, sharing our top tips for visiting, opinions and an overview on all of the facilities.
Read on below for our full Yacht Boheme Hotel review and guide.
Why should I visit Fethiye?
Fethiye a vibrant town on Turkey’s Turquoise Coast region. It boasts lots of restaurants, cafés and bars, with some breath-taking places to visit in the nearby area. It’s a popular place to visit amongst the locals, but also tourists.
Fethiye makes an excellent base for those who want to see Turkey’s Mediterranean coast. Spend a few days, a full week or 2 weeks here and you won’t be bored.
Where is Yacht Boheme Hotel located?
The Yacht Boheme is located directly opposite Fethiye marina, to the southwest of the bay. It overlooks rows upon rows on grand yachts and a long promenade. It’s also within a short walk of Fethiye’s old town centre. You can walk to the shops, bars and restaurants in less than 5 minutes.
The hotel’s location is both central to the attractions, bars and restaurants, but is also great for scenery. You’ll love waking up on a morning to views of the marina. Likewise, a balcony drink at sunset is just as mesmerising.
An introduction to the Yacht Boheme Hotel
The Yacht Boheme is a fairly new hotel and is a sister property of the nearby Yacht Classic Hotel, which is rated as one of the best luxury hotels in Fethiye. The hotel has 30 unique rooms, all with a similar bohemian look and design to them. As its name suggests, the ‘Bohemian’ style, art and lifestyle is apparent throughout the hotel, with moody, dim lighting, décor with shades of cream, white and brown, and wooden furnishings encompassing everything. If you like the Bohemian-chic style, this hotel will suit you perfectly. If you’re not, you may be put-off by the design.
A number of celebrities, pop stars, actors and other personalities have stayed at the hotel, eluding to its popularity and upmarket appeal.
Yacht Boheme hotel rooms
The Yacht Boheme offers 7 different types of rooms, from a standard room with city views, to a large, luxurious suite with views of the marina and a outdoor hot tub. We initially booked a classic room, but we were surprised with an upgrade to a Premium Room upon arrival. We absolutely loved our room and imagine the other room types are just as nice.
This is the standard room that’s available at The Yacht Boheme. It has the cheapest cost but is still a very nice place to stay. You have access to all facilities at the hotel and the room has the full Bohemian design that’s apparent in all rooms. It’s smaller than other room types and often has inland views of town, as opposed to Fethiye Marina.
The Comfort Room at The Yacht Boheme is similar to the classic room, but with slightly more space and comfort amenities, as the name suggests. This room also has a balcony where you can relax and watch the sunset.
The Premium Room type is extremely spacious, with added furniture, amenities and a larger bathroom area. It has an open-space layout with lots of natural light. It also has a lovely outdoor balcony area with a spa bath and chairs to relax on.
The Deluxe Room is much like the premium room with similar features. The main difference between the two is that the deluxe room has a whirlpool bath both inside, and on the balcony.
Penthouse Loft Suite
As the name suggests, the Penthouse Loft Suite is located on the very top floor of the hotel, overlooking the sea. The room is spacious and airy, with a large outdoor terrace area, which features a whirlpool bathtub. It has some of the best hotel room views you’ll find in Fethiye.
Penthouse XXL Suite
The Penthouse XXL Suite is like the Penthouse Loft Suite, but better! It’s incredibly spacious, with a large bathroom area, huge bed and the luxurious amenities that you’d expect in a penthouse. There are so many areas where you can relax in this room; whether that’s inside in one of the chill-out spots, or outside on the terrace, admiring the breath-taking views.
Secret Garden Suite
The final room available at The Yacht Boheme is the Secret Garden Family Suite. It’s a perfect choice for groups, sleeping up to 4 people. The room is the biggest out of all the 7 room types and includes a living room as well as a garden and terrace area with jacuzzi. It directly overlooks the swimming pool on the ground pool.
Key room features/ amenities
Our Premium Room included the following features. Note: they may be different for each room, so be sure to check online for a full list of what’s included or speak to the hotel reception.
- Large, standalone rainfall shower
- A duo of vanity wash sinks
- Separate bathtub in the bathroom area
- Open-plan bedroom and chill-out area
- Balcony patio area with a sofa, two sun loungers and an outdoor whirlpool bath
- Coffee pod machine and separate kettle
- Mini bar with snacks and drinks (charged for)
- A large king bed
- Shampoo, shower gel, body lotion and other complimentary toiletries
- Hanging basket chair
- Large flat screen TV with smart TV apps such as Netflix
- Plenty of storage space
- A wardrobe safe
- Bath robes and slippers
Mandala Bar and Restaurant
Whilst saying at The Yacht Boheme, you’ll get to indulge in their tasty breakfasts each morning. The hotels main and only restaurant, Mandala is located on the ground floor next to the outdoor bar and swimming pool. You’ll have various buffet items to choose from, including fresh orange juice, breads, pastries and fruit. You also have a choice of coffees and made-to-order breakfast favourites.
You can also choose to grab a bite to eat during the day, or visit Mandala on an evening for dinner. Whilst it’s a small restaurant and they don’t have an extensive menu, the dishes they do offer are very good. We tried pastas, pizzas, tapas plates and sushi; they were all excellent.
The main draw to Mandala is its bar area. It has plenty of outdoor tables and bar stools so you can always find a seat. The bar menu is also extensive, with all of the beers, wines, cocktails and non-alcoholic drinks you’d expect in a luxury hotel.
Note: the cocktails and drinks in general are very good, but we found them to be significantly overpriced compared to all other bars and hotels we visited in Turkey.
The relaxed vibes are evident all day long at the Yacht Boheme Hotel. Laid-back music plays in the bar area throughout the day, becoming more upbeat on an evening. They often host live entertainment depending on the day of the week, ranging from a live DJ, to local singers, bands and jazz musicians. The evening entertainment really exceeded our expectations, so be sure to chill in the bar at least one evening during your stay.
The swimming pool
The Yacht Boheme hotel has one swimming pool, which is located next to the restaurant and bar. It’s a fairly small pool, but big enough for you to relax and swim in. There are comfortable sunbeds and cabanas on the decking area for you to enjoy. Whilst the pool may appear small, with few sun loungers, being a small hotel with only 30 rooms, it’ll never feel too busy.
We personally loved the tropical décor and pebble stone design of the pool area. It’s a relaxing place to spend your afternoon after a day of sightseeing.
Top tip: be strategic when choosing a sun lounger and look at the sun position. Some sun loungers will be in the shade later in the day. Others are in the sun all day long.
If you’re looking to unwind after a day of sightseeing, you can book yourself in for a spa treatment at the Yacht Boehme’s sister hotel, The Yacht Classic, which is located a few minutes down the round. They offer various treatments, from oil massages and facials, to aromatherapy and a true Turkish Hammam bath experience. Whilst the spa isn’t part of the Yacht Boheme, it’s only a short walk away and the facilities are very good. You can book the Yacht Classic spa at Yacht Boheme’s reception or by using your room phone.
Reception/ lobby area
Upon entering the hotel, you’ll enter their very white and modern lobby area, with various swing seating and sofa’s to relax on. There is always a member of staff on reception who’s happy to assist with any queries that you may have. We found the staff at the Yacht Boheme to be very friendly, but professional.
The hotel offers a complimentary valet service, so if you struggle to find parking, or require assistance, park outside and speak to the reception team.
Parking at the Yacht Boheme hotel
If you’re renting a car whilst in Turkey (and you definitely should!), you’re going to want a place to park your car near the Yacht Boheme hotel. As the hotel doesn’t have its own car park (most hotels in this busy marina area don’t), you’ll need to use the free street parking. We often found it difficult to park outside of the hotel, so you may need to park further down the street and walk back. On occasion throughout the day, the hotel valet is around to park your car for you.
Our top tips for staying at the Yacht Boheme hotel
- The best rooms are facing Fethiye Marina, so be sure to request one if you can! Be sure to drop the hotel an email after you’ve booked/ nearer the time of your stay to see what they can do for you.
- Opt for a room located on one of the higher floors for some of the best views of the harbour and the town. The first two floors overlook the bar and pool area and you can’t see over the wall to the marina.
- Breakfast doesn’t get overly busy due to the small number of rooms, but if visiting during the peak month of July and August, we recommend having breakfast before 9:30am.
- Parking might be an issue as the hotel is located right on the main road and doesn’t have dedicated parking spaces. We suggest parking further along from the hotel in this map location. You’ll have to walk a few minutes but it saves the stress of finding a space. If you struggle, you can speak to the hotel’s concierge and they’ll help you park.
- On nights where there’s evening entertainment (the hotel staff will let you know), arrive early for the best seats. The entertainment is very good and non-guests are welcome in the bar area, so it can get busy.
- If you want some cheap snacks and drinks with lots of variety, there’s a Carrefour supermarket a 1-minute walk from the hotel. It’s perfect for those travel essentials and ice cream cravings.
- Consider renting a car if you want to see the wider area, including Oludeniz, the ancient city of Kayakoy and Saklikent Gorge. There’s a lot to see and do within a short drive. If you’re only staying for a few days and plan on solely exploring Fethiye, or only doing an organised day-trip, you won’t need a car. Almost everything in Fethiye is within walking distance and taxis are very cheap.
- We don’t often recommend upgrading your room as the additional cost sometimes isn’t worth it. However, in Yacht Boheme’s case, it certainly is! We encourage you to splash out on a larger room with a nice view, especially if you plan on spending plenty of time in the hotel.
Our overall thoughts and review of the Yacht Boheme hotel
- The Yacht Boheme is a really lovely hotel that perfectly executes the Bohemian luxury style. As soon as you walk in, you can tell that the hotel has been really well looked after and you’ll enjoy your stay.
- The service at the hotel was really good; from the reception team, to the bar tenders and the waitresses at breakfast, we felt welcome. The atmosphere is laid back but professional.
- The Wi-Fi connection was fairly good throughout the hotel and we didn’t encounter any problems.
- The breakfast choices were excellent at Mandala restaurant. It was definitely one of the best buffet breakfast we’ve had in a boutique hotel.
- The hotel is in a fantastic location right next to Fethiye town, making it extremely accessible for the local bars, restaurants and attractions.
- Compared to other hotels, bars and restaurants we visited in Turkey, the drink costs at the Yacht Boheme were unusually high.
- With The Yacht Boheme being a small boutique hotel, they aren’t going to have the facilities of a larger hotel would. However, it would be good to see more food options if dining on an evening. Most food consisted of small plates, like sushi or tapas, or simple pastas and pizzas.
- There aren’t many sunbeds, especially if you visit during peak times of the year. You’ll need to arrive early to secure a sun lounger on a morning, or visit the pool outside of busy times.
We hope you enjoyed our complete Yacht Boheme Hotel review and guide. We highly recommend staying in this boutique hotel if you’re planning on visiting Fethiye, which is a beautiful destination in itself. The hotel suits those that want the intimate benefits of a boutique hotel and all the luxuries that come with it. It’s a place that you’ll visit and won’t want to leave, especially when you see how stunning the rooms are!
If you’re looking for things to do in the Fethiye area, check out our guide here.
By RickyAuthor bio:
An adventurer at heart that loves anything outdoors. Beaches, mountains and amazing scenery is everything I love about travel! I also enjoy home comforts and need a nice place to relax and re-charge after every trip.