Monaco is a haven for the rich and famous, full of top hotels, boutique shops and restaurants, casino’s and super yachts. It’s also the home of the infamous Formula 1 Grand Prix and other popular events. The luxury hotels in Monaco are masterfully designed for those who love the finer things in life, featuring infinity pools, Michelin Star restaurants and suites with amazing views of the city. We’ve put together a list of the coolest and most impressive accommodations in Monaco to marvel.
Star rating: 5*
Hotel de Paris Monte Carlo is a palace of a hotel overlooking the marina. Its facilities include a tennis court arena, golf course, water sports, large swimming pools, a spa and wellness centre, private beach and multiple restaurants. What truly makes the hotel stand out is the stunning contemporary French Chateau design. It opened in 1863 and has been featured in iconic films over the past century. You may recognise it from The Red Shoes (1948), James Bond hits Never Say Never Again (1983) Golden Eye (1995) and of course Monte Carlo (2011) . Rooms and public areas are immaculately presented and the hotel’s location is arguably the best in Monte Carlo.
- Hotel de Paris is home to Louis XV-Alain Ducasse à l’Hôtel de Paris, a 3 Michelin Star restaurant, often appearing in independent Top 10 lists. This one is truly for special occasions.
- The hotel looks amazing throughout, from the outside structure to the interior finishing touches and immaculate rooms.
- For facilities, not many hotels can rival Hotel de Paris for sheer quantity and scale. It has enough going on to keep you entertained in the resort for a full week without leaving, although who wouldn’t want to venture out into Monaco?
Star rating: 5*
Hotel Hermitage is the number one top-rated hotel in Monaco on Tripadvisor. The hotel is set in a palace that is also a historic listed monument and it’s a short walk to Monte-Carlo Casino and Marina, shops and restaurants. Hermitage has a classy edge and high-quality finish throughout, with everything from the rooms, bars and relaxation areas boasting luxurious furniture and surroundings to pass the day away.
Facilities include a private beach, spa, swimming pool, fitness centre and an exquisite restaurant called Vistamar. See for yourself just how luxurious the hotel is…
- The number one top rated hotel luxury hotel in Monaco according to Tripadvisor
- Dine Al Fresco and enjoy the sunshine or celebrate a special occasion in the Grand Dining room on an evening. The hotel’s restaurant and bar facilities are supreme
- The rooms are particularly special. Spacious and open suites or double rooms are available to choose from, each offering a view of the city or marina and a classy, individually decorated interior
Star rating: 5*
This boutique style hotel may look enchanted throughout with its contemporary French theme but it’s the 3 Michelin Star restaurants and wide selection of suites that make Hotel Metropole one of the most luxurious hotels in Monte Carlo. In comparison with the other top hotels in our list, Hotel Metropole is a smaller and more intimate hotel, ideal for couples celebrating a special occasion or just wanting a romantic weekend away.
Couples sinks, large showers, a grand bedroom and intricate furnishings make Hotel Metropole extra special. Don your best evening wear and wander the dimly lit corridors and courtyard for pictures, dine in style at a Michelin Star restaurant and relax by the lido pool in a cabana during the day. Location wise, Hotel Metropole is an 8-minute walk from the beach and a few minutes away from the main Monte Carlo shops and Casino square.
- One of most romantic and charming luxury hotels in Monaco, perfectly suited for couples
- 3 top-rated Michelin Star restaurants to choose from on an evening – the food in this hotel is unrivalled if you like fine dining
- Features a newly opened Givenchy Spa, the first of its kind in Monaco
Star rating: 4*
All of the hotels we’ve listed so far have a traditional, French contemporary design, however Le Meridien Beach Plaza has a very modern edge. This large and hip hotel overlooks the ocean, has its own private beach and a very large pool area, ideal for those who want a leisurely holiday in the sun. Everything from the room décor and exterior to the restaurants and public areas has an almost futuristic design.
It’s very clean looking hotel with all of the usual facilities you’d expect to find in a luxury resort, including a fitness centre (one of the best luxury hotels in Monaco for size and equipment variety), spa, a beach bar and selection of restaurants. Le Meridien Beach Plaza is particularly suited to couples who want a relaxing, less pretentious holiday and enjoy modern accommodation over classical. Being a 4-star hotel, this is one of the cheaper hotels on our list but is rated just as highly on user reviews.
- An excellent view of the ocean from most rooms.
- A large, open pool area and private beach area to relax – including multiple outdoor bars and restaurants
- Experience luxury for a cheaper price – this hotel is one of the top-rated on review sites but is in a price bracket lower than other luxury hotels
Star rating: 4*
Monte Carlo Bay Hotel and Resort is a vast complex of guest entertainment. Set in front of the hotel is 4 acres of gardens, swimming pools, hot tubs, a casino, lagoon and waterfall, providing an excellent setting for holiday relaxation. With so many facilities on hand, the Monte Carlo Bay Hotel can be enjoyed for multiple days at a time with no need to leave this giant complex, although you should definitely check out the city.
The hotel is no stranger to luxury, with kitted out rooms of designer toiletries, picturesque views of the pool or mountainside and spacious multi-floor suites. The hotel even has its own helipad for the particularly VIP clientele and it’s not uncommon to bump into a celebrity if you’re visiting during a popular sporting or music event. Alternatively, charter your own boat vessel and dock at the hotel via sea. Monte Carlo Bay Hotel is a large, impressive and modern hotel with a ‘tropical’ theme and plenty to keep adults entertained.
- The large garden and pool area is like a setting from Atlantis, perfect for relaxation in the sun in a beautiful setting
- Arrive in style – the hotel can be accessed via train, car, boat or helicopter!
- In our opinion, this hotel is one of the best luxury hotels that cater to families. The pool area is large and family friendly, restaurants choices are varied to all tastes and a kid’s club operates in the summer months
We hope we’ve given you a good taste of the sweet life of living in luxury with the best luxury hotels in Monaco. Even if you can only afford one or two nights, these hotels are out of this world for luxury travel lovers celebrating a special occasion.